Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

BUG2: CoDeSys Axis-modulo tracking error

Anonymous
2008-02-19
2008-03-03
  • Anonymous - 2008-02-19

Originally created by: Nicolai_Hanssing

Setting up an axis with positionmodulo, where the physical resolution pr turn is not a integer in drive-increments causes the position to drift when multiple turns are performed on the axis.

Motor: 4096 inc/rev

Gearing 640:28

TechUnits: 360 dgr modulo =>

.iRatioTechUnitsNum = 63

.dwRatioTechUnitsDEnom = 16384

.fPositionPeriod = 360

.dwOneTurn = 93623 (Wich is not precise)

.iRestNumerator = -9

It is clear that after 63 full turns you will have a integer-no of incrments:

No increments = 36063 / (63/16384) = 36016384 = 5898240

And the AXIS_REF.iTurn also reaches this number (63) before roll-over, but the

position in AXIS_REF.fActPosition still does not track correctly.

Axis started in:

.dwActPosition = 0 inc

.fActPosition = 0 dgr

After running for some time:

.dwActPosition = 834859476 (Raw 32bit position from drive)

.fActPosition = 89.151 dgr (Not correct - I think)

If I perform modulo calculations on that I get: 94.049 dgr as ActPos as correct

position.

But if I calculate by using .dwOneTurn I get: 89.15dgr as ActPos!

Clearly CoDeSys is not tracking the modulo residuals correctly .....

When the roll-over occurs the variable .iPosOffSetForResiduals get updated every modulo turn, the resudual value shifts by dwOneTurn.

But when .iTurn rolls over .iPosOffSetForResiduals does not get corrected by

'iRestNumerator' as it should since:

iRatioTechUnitsNum * dwOneTurn = 5898249 = fPositionPeriod*dwRatioTechUnitsDEnom - iRestNumerator

Am I completely of the bat here?

Or is this a bug in CoDeSys Softmotion?

Nicolai

• Anonymous - 2008-03-03

Originally created by: Nicolai_Hanssing

3S Software has acknowledged, reproduced and solved the bug described above. The residual issue is solved by Hilmar Panzer in SM_DriveBasic.lib ver. 1.9.4.1 wich has yet to be released.

To make sure your not affected by the bug, just confirm that your modulo-value in drive increments are a whole noumber. This can be read out from the AXIS_REF.iRestNumerator == 0.

Regards

Nicolai Hanssing, M.Sc.

Delta Elektronik A/S

Denmark[/b]