Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CNC Softmotion + POSCOntrol

Anonymous
2018-02-05
2018-02-07
  • Anonymous - 2018-02-05

Originally created by: rettore84

Hi All,

I have two old Yaskawa SGDA servo packs with no Fieldbus communications, with an analog input for speed reference and an incremental encoder output. I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3, with Ethernet/IP and a Wago 750-352 EIP IO rack with two Encoder inputs and two -/+10V analog output modules.

My intent is to use the CNCTable project example with my setup. The example project uses the SM_Drive_Virtual, I suppose I cannot tie the Wago IO to the parameters of SM_Drive_VIrtual.

I found the POSCOntrol project example where the parameters of SM_POSCOntrol, in.wActPosition and are tied to an Ethercat Buscoupler with an analog output module and encoder input module.

My question is, would it work if I replace SM_drive_Virtual in the CNCTable project with SM_PosControl, use the POSCOntrol axis with the SoftMotion function blocks, in the CNCTable project, and tie in.wActPosition and to my IO?

Thank you.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-02-05

Hi,
    how fast is the IO Update via EIP for the encoder?

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2018-02-05

The default RPI is 10ms, and not sure how deterministic this will be. Is this what you were asking?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-02-06

Hi,
    yes exactly,
    if this is determinitic it might work,
    it is an option to chose these ethercat modules from the posControl poject example.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: PosControl.jpg

• Anonymous - 2018-02-06

Thank you Edwin,

One question that I have is, the SM_Poscontrol module has a PID loop configurator for speed/position control, while SM_Drive_virtual and Sm_Free_Encoder don't, but I suppose I could still use them, in that case, how is the position/speed controlled?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-02-07

Hello,

you need to use poscontrol other wise you do not have the PID Loop fot Controlling your analog drive.

Encoder and virtual axis are Independent from that - and used as 'virtual' axis , encoder as encoder axis - both could be for example connected as master axis for caming or mc_gearin. mc_phasing etc.

BR
    Edwin