Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Softmotion CNC for Astraada SRV-63

mozal
2017-12-24
2017-12-29
  • mozal - 2017-12-24

Hello,

I have a problem with executing my CNC program on Astraada SRV-63 servo. I use two servos (two axis movement) - Sanyo Denki and Astraada SRV-63 (see the attached image for EtherCAT configuration). While executing CNC program Sanyo Denki works fine but Astraada SRV just doesn't move.

For the CNC program with functions SMC_Interpolator, SMC_TRAFO_Gantry2, SMC_ControlAxisByPos, SMC_TRAFOF_Gantry2 (the exact same program as in the onlne help examples "CNC Example 1: Creating the OutQueue") only one servo (SanyoDenki) moves.

Everything from the programming point seems fine as SMC_Interpolator sends values to SMC_TRAFO_Gantry2 and then the data enters SMC_ControlAxisByPos. On the next step - SMC_TRAFOF_Gantry2 displays only position changes for Sanyo Denki servo and values for Astraada SRV don't change at all.

I am using CODESYS V3.5 SP8 Patch 4 and Astraada One ECC2000 PLC with softmotion-demo license (which should support CNC programming).

I think it might be a problem with servo configuration and if anyone of you dear forum members encountered similar difficulties I would be very grateful if you shared some information with me.

If you need any more information about software and hardware I am using please ask freely.

Kind regards

IMG: ethercat_config.png

• mozal - 2017-12-29

Problem solved. I had to add Max Torque parameter in Expert Process Data - > PDO Content (Index: 16#6072) in the Astraada servo settings and initialize it with some value.

CNC program wasn't the case. Regular functions (e.g. MC_MoveAbsolute) didn't work as well without Max Torque parameter.