Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Softmotion RTE EtherCAT

timinio99
2017-01-09
2017-06-28
  • timinio99 - 2017-01-09

Hi,
    I want to use an Windows PC with Setup_CODESYSControlRTE64V3.5SP10.exe installed as an EtherCAT Master with two Nanotec motor controls as slaves:

When i log in my Device an Error pops up:

It says, that i have different versions of my device on my pc and in my project. i have to upgrade or downgrade the version in my project.

But i am using "CODESYS Softmotion RTE V3 x64 3.5.10.0" in my project and "CODESYS Control RTE V3 Version 3.5.10.0" an my pc. So i don't understand, why there is a version conflict.

After the error pops up, i have 8 errors of unresolved references, as you can see in the first picture.
    Can someone help me please?

here is my project archive:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gx9sg0buwafa ... Zwmqa?dl=0 m

IMG: programm.jpg

IMG: error box.jpg

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-01-10

Hi,

you need to install the CODESYS ethercat Driver (Windows device manager), see the RTE manual.

Ethercat is supported by the following Β network interfaces:

Realtek 8139 (CmpRTL81x9Mpd)
    Realtek RTL8139 (and compatible nic's) Ethernet-Contoller.
    the 8100 und 8110 are compatible too.

Realtek 8169 (CmpRTL8169Mpd)
    Realtek 8169/810
    Realtek RTL8111B / RTL8111D

Intel EtherExpressPro1000 (CmpEt1000Drv )
    Intel 82541,82547,82567,82571,82573,82574,82583V, i210, i217-LM

Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 (CmpEt100Drv)
    Intel 82551,82557,82559, 82558, 82557 and 82550

BR
    Edwin

• timinio99 - 2017-01-10

Ok, thank you. Now i can log in and Start.
    But the Status of the EtherCAT Master says: "Bus not running".

I have no idea how to configure EtherCAT correctly. The only thing i did was choosing the sorce mac adress:

IMG: not running.jpg

IMG: quell mac.jpg

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-01-10

Hi,

should work that way... on Intel driver you need really a reboot (with switching off the pc) because of the CODESYS nic driver..
    please do this and try it again... it should from my point of view work.
    After reboot please check the plc logger.... (scan the ethercat net work with rightclick on the master in the device tree and then check the plc logger)
    BR
    Edwin

• timinio99 - 2017-01-11

even though i rebooted the pc, the bus is still not running...
    the plc logger says:

i also uploaded the plc_logger in my dropbox: (i also updated my project archive)
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gx9sg0buwafa ... Zwmqa?dl=0 m

IMG: meldung1.JPG

IMG: meldung2.JPG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-01-13

Hi,
    but know from RTE driver side it is ok now.
    Please try to execute a scan by rightclick on the master, does the scan reconize your slaves?

AL Status Error Code 0x001D Meaning:
    Invalid Output Configuration

So I would recommend to check the PDO configuration of the slave. (In the CODESYS slave tab)

BR
    Edwin

• timinio99 - 2017-01-13

Hi,
    i created a new project and scanned with the master for slaves. He detected them without problems and i was able to add them to my device tree. as you can see in the picture i added all the checkmarks in the PDO configuration.

Unfortunatelly the plc log puts out the same errors and warnings like before:
    "AL Status from slave address 1001 status 16#1E
    AL Status from slave address 1002 status 16#1E
    ...."

"Warning: number of slaves has changed or is different to the configuration!"

IMG: slave scan.JPG

• timinio99 - 2017-01-31

Hi,
    i finally solved the problem by resetting the Motor Controls. After that, the EtherCAT autoconfig worked and i can control the motors with the function blocks MC_POWER and MC_MoveAbsolute.

When i do this, the motors start to move, but they are shaking unusually. I uploaded a video of this behavior in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gx9sg0buwafa ... Zwmqa?dl=0

When i did the Auto-Setup in the Web Interface of the Motor Controls, they were moving "normally" (not shaking). So i guess the error is in the codesys settings.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-01-31

Hi,

Need the projectarchive to check...
    BR
    Edwin

• timinio99 - 2017-02-01

ok i uploaded the archive to my dropbox

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-02-01

Hi,
    you need to use an own low priority task which calls the TCP server stuff beside your Ethercat/Motion Task.
    This will solve the problem/noise on the motor.

BR
    Edwin

• timinio99 - 2017-02-01

I had this problem before, when I just tested the soft motion blocks without anything else. The tcp stuff wasn't even part of the program at this time.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-02-02

Hi,
    did you check your RTE realtime capabilities?
    If you are online with CODESYS in the Task configuration you see this jitter measurements.
    Is this in a good shape? (Usually you should see 30-40us jitter on the Ethercat/MotionTask after doing a reset by righclick on this line)

BR
    Edwin

• timinio99 - 2017-02-02

Most of the Jitter values are between -15 and 35.

I put the C6 in the main task, because if i put it in the task below, the axis disconnect when the first move function block is enabled.

I just recognized that, - as you can see in the picture at the top- codesys says, that the Ethercat is running, but in the online configuration interface of the motor control there is displayed : "No Sync" and distributed Clocks is not running:

IMG: Jitter.JPG

IMG: online interface.JPG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-02-09

Hi,
    reset by righclick to the line the jitter measurement.
    Are you now on BeagleBone or is this SoftMotion RTE?
    I want to see <+/-100us here for BBB with attached rt_preemt patch which is mandatory... to have applied (and disabled governer)
    For RTE on Windows it is +/-50us with proper bios settings (Speedstep off, C-States off - checked by CPUZ - Google it)
    For both platforms a mandatory requirement is a stable CPU Clock

BR
    Edwin

IMG: Jitter.jpg

• kumareasu - 2017-06-28

Will realtek 8111G work with CoDeSys.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-06-28

Hi,
    yes should work with
    CmpRTL8169driver...

BR