Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

DIY softmotion driver

Anonymous
2016-03-16
2016-10-03
  • Anonymous - 2016-03-16

Originally created by: CS3user

I consider writing a softmotion driver for a project.
    Can you provide me some tutorial or examples?

• Anonymous - 2016-03-17

Originally created by: CS3user

Thanks for the quick response.

But, I do not want to have the driver publicly released, nor do I want to spend money for 5days of engineering.
    Simply need a basic softmotion driver for a smaller project, thus I can have the motor running (counter)ClockWise.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-03-17

Hi,
    guess this is not possible we do not have a template nor documention for doing this...
    Let me ask what is possible.

BR
    Edwin

• josepmariarams - 2016-10-03

Hi.

I dont know if you have solved the problem. But in any case...

You can use driver device manager as an input output standard and command drive directly.

You need 3 drive parameters ( see drive mapping). Cia control word, target speed antd ddrive motion mode.

Normally putting cia control word to 0Γ—f enables the drive. 0x6 disables it.

In target spped you can write the motor desired sppeed ( normally in milirpm).

The drive mode has to be put at speed mode (normally 0x6 or 9 not remmember)

Firtst put the drive in speed mode. After that disables it ( for enbaling has to pass by 0x6) and enble . At this moment you can write to speed target the deaired sppeed.