Kim - 2015-11-04

Experimenting some with this in RTE 3.5.7.10.

I've gotten it to work but only using the "Write eeprom" feature to store a station alias.
However, to unlock its true potential I would like to be able to use the local id selector on my slave unit instead.

Now, what I can't get around my head is how the Codesys EtherCAT_Master decides whether to use the local switches or the information stored in eeprom.
Right now Codesys only seem to use the station alias from the eeprom information.

The manufacturer of our servo drive states they follow the "ETG.1020 EtherCAT Protocol Enhancements" to how this has been implemented in the drive.

Edited below:
Just checked the ETG.1020 and it states that a complex slave with both microcontroller and local id selector can be asked by the master to reveal its local id using a handshake routine in the AL registers.
Master is supposed to request id by setting 0x0120.5, slave loads id into 0x0134 and sets 0x0130.5 when done.

Is the Codesys master supporting this or is it restricted to using the id found at 0x0012 which is loaded from the EEPROM?

Long question made short:
Is the Codesys EtherCAT Master supporting local id selectors or not?

Can you shed some light on this topic?
Thank you!

Kim Hansen
Beijer Electronics Automation AB