Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Data exchange between Twicat controller and Codesys based Controller

StoeberAs
2020-02-19
2020-03-03
  • StoeberAs - 2020-02-19

hello everyone
    i want to transfer and receive the data from Beckhoff controller to Codesys supported controller.In codesys there is possibility to read and write the values through network variable through UDP communication, when both the controller are on the codesys platform.In twincat there is no such functionality of inserting network variable as an object. Is there any other way where i can transfer the data between Twincat<-->Codesys controllers?

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2020-03-03

Without knowing the Beckhoff controllers and their details I could assume that PROFINET communication could work, e.g. configuring a PROFINET controller on one device and a PROFINET device on the other in order to exchange the data. Of course the CODESYS controller has to support PROFINET, however, all the CODESYS SoftPLCs in the CODESYS Store with the extension SL do support PROFINET.