Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Reset encoder position to zero

2019-09-19
2019-10-26
  • navalekanishk - 2019-09-19

How to reset the current encoder position of ethercat servo drive to zero?

• navalekanishk - 2019-09-25

I-Campbell hat geschrieben:
    Checkout this function block, MC_SetPosition:
    https://help.codesys.com/webapp/7d42hfw ... on=4.3.2.0

Hey Campbell,

I tried the function out. When I cycle the power of the system the motors' position is unchanged which was earlier set to '0' by using the MC_Setposition FB as suggested. I kindly request you to please help me out with this.

PS is there any FB which retains the position to a set value even after the cycle power is done?

with regards,
    Kanishk Navale

• drsumruay - 2019-09-25

Hi Kanishk,

Using MC_GroupSetPosition doesn't work because when you power up drive and motor after they're off, Codesys will receive the absolute position from the encoder.
    I think you should find the parameters of your drive that can perform a preset position and then using FB which can force the value of the parameters.

hope it will be useful for you

with regards

• i-campbell

i-campbell - 2019-09-25

Hi hi Kanishk,
    Go to help.codesys.com and search for "Persisting an Axis Position". Check the first result

• navalekanishk - 2019-10-26

I-Campbell hat geschrieben:
    Hi hi Kanishk,
    Go to help.codesys.com and search for "Persisting an Axis Position". Check the first result

Hi Campbell,

I have implemented the logic as per the link. In the attached screenshot, the persistent position data is not able to store the 0 values of the axes when I zero them using Set_Position FB but, still, it is storing the initial values of the motors. How to move forward with this?

IMG: Screenshot from 2019