Exactly correct! We used Rexroth Driver with Codesys for servel projects now. BTW, you should notice the Homing method for this dirver
Edwin Schwellinger wrote:
hm... not really sure I would recommend to ask the bosch rexroth support according how to switch the Interface.
Usually to Change the drive to eathercat the following steps are needed:
(not really sure if i had the same drive than yours which we had at that time)
1. power on the driver
2. press the enter button once to enter the set mode
3. Presse the up or down button until you reach the communication mode set, the default mode should be secoss
4. Long press the enter button until the panel flash, then press up or down button until you reach Ethercat, press enter button to confirm
5. Now the panel should show a waring the communication changed,please reboot
6. Power off and powr on again
Then to use it with SoftMotion:
The drive does Modulo-Handling itself, which is something that our SoE driver does not support. Please change the position data format from “Modulo” to “Absolute”.
(This corresponds to clearing the bit 7 of S-0-0076.)
Additionally, the maximum travel range should be set to 2^31-1 increments like this:
(This corresponds to setting parameter S-0-0278, maximum travel range, to 2^31-1.)
With these settings, the drive should work fine with CODESYS SoftMotion.