Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

How to add a touchscreen driver (Wago IPC)?

Greg
2008-02-21
2014-10-22
  • Greg - 2008-02-21

Hi

I have a client with a Linux based Wago IPC. They are hoping to get a particular touch screen running on the CoDeSys target visualisation.

CoDeSys apparently supports certain touchscreens based on the TSHARC driver, but we are hoping to get on of several other screens working (we need a 17" touchscreen or larger).

My understanding is that the target visualisation on the Wago uses microwindows (Nano-X) linked to CoDeSys at compile time

I have been able to load the kernel module that came with the touch screen, and I am hoping that by creating a device file in /dev/ (and perhaps editing the config file) I can persuade CoDeSys to treat the touch screen as an additional source of mouse events.

Thanks, any help gratefully received.

Greg

New Zealand

• tsystem - 2014-10-17

Hello. I'm in the same trouble using a Wago 758-874 and a Proface TM3600.
    Wago TM series are going out of production and I don't like their WP series (expecially the costs...).
    The mayor problem is telling to the Codesys to use the driver you want.

• shooter - 2014-10-22

You can use JAVA.