Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Unable to display other visualization pages [SOLVED]

2014-12-13
2014-12-20
  • barnstormer - 2014-12-13

Hello - I have three visualizations that use a master. The master contains three buttons, one for each visualization. In the button properties, I checked '_ to vis' and entered the visualization name. When a user taps the button, the corresponsding visualization page should display.

It works fine within Codesys and the HMI. However, the buttons don't work in the WebVisu. What's wrong? Or more specifically, how can I debug something like this? Is there a log file that might contain clues to the error? When a user taps on a button in the web browser, the button 'turns on' (looks like it was pressed) and then the current screen hangs, but the new visualization doesn't get displayed.

I'm downloading the code and pages to a WAGO 750-8202.

When I tried a simple example of two pages, with a master, it works fine. So I'm doing something wrong, but really don't know how to track down the error.

Thanks for any help

[Update: I checked 'compression' and 'activate system variable CurrentVisu' on the target configuration screen/visualization tab. This seemed to make the problem go away. I'm able to see all the visualizations by pressing on the corresponding button. I'm not sure why this fixed things. Then, I added a text box to one of pages and the problem re-appeared. Still - the question remains, how do I debug this sort of thing?]

[SOLVED: When I removed the background bitmap, the pages displayed correctly, but I use the background bitmap to set the background color to gray. So not sure if there is another option to set the background color.]

• shooter - 2014-12-20

yes there is, when you use bitmap it will be a very big file containing lots of graypixels.
    a better one is to use a rectangle and sent it to the back.