Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Two PLC's in one visualization?

k2teknik
2014-11-01
2014-12-08
  • k2teknik - 2014-11-01

I am new to CoDeSys and almost by accident I discovered CoDeSys Visualisation, and it looks interesting but I can’t figure out if it is possibly to use two PLC’s info (in/out status etc.) on one visualization?
    I have both PLC’s in the same box, they are connected via Ethernet (I can even use RS232 or RS485 if that make thing more easy?) so the options should be present, but what route can I walk, there may be more than one?

I can’t use web or target visualization with my PLC’s, they do not support this.

• shooter - 2014-11-15

It is simpler if you give the info to one PLC and make a visualisation containing info from ths master PLC. and have the slave just give info to the master.

• k2teknik - 2014-11-16

shooter hat geschrieben:
    It is simpler if you give the info to one PLC and make a visualisation containing info from ths master PLC. and have the slave just give info to the master.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Is there any examples on how to do this slave/master setup, or some other form for simple communication between two, or more, PLCs?
    I was thinking about letting the slaves store the data on them self, and then let the master read the data from the slaves in some way, can that be done?

• k2teknik - 2014-12-01

I tried to use network variables, but I can't make it work, but it may be due to the fact that I only run in simulation mode, I have no HW where I am to test on?

• k2teknik - 2014-12-03

I did see this Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ywfhqGfXg about Network variables, it look easy, maybe to easy, because I get a lot of errors during build, see attach file.
    Did the author of this youtube forgot to show some additional setup?

IMG: NetVar.JPG

• shooter - 2014-12-03

so you looked at kurt movie, just follow all steps, (especcially that he is opening a second version of codesys) and copies the program to unit 2
    give them each an address.

• k2teknik - 2014-12-03

That was tricky, first I had problems to find NetVarUdp_lib.lib, ok I used a renamed version of NetVarUdp_lib_V23.lib.
    Then I could see Kurt was having SysLibCallBack, so I added SysLibCallBack.lib too, then error message about SysLibSocket.lib, ok I added that one too, and now I have no errors from my build.
    Just strange that it can't find out about library dependency it self.
    Tomorrow I will test on HW..

• shooter - 2014-12-04

when you load the program it is telling you the missing libs.

• k2teknik - 2014-12-08

k2teknik hat geschrieben:
    Tomorrow I will test on HW..
    I manage to test it today, and it works ok.
    But still strange that I have to fight with lib files to make it work.