Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Target Visualisation Error

endeco
2014-01-21
2023-12-23
  • endeco - 2014-01-21

I am experiencing an issue with the target visualisation on a Janztec emPC500 when I try display a table of approximately > 7500 cells (varying number of rows and columns on different visualisations)
    "Runtime Error #41, Too many target visu function calls Task = Timer"
    If I increase the number of rows to a greater amount then I will experience a PLC freeze.
    The Codesys IDE will show the error. Accessing the same tables via IDE or Web visualisation does not produce the same error.
    I am unable find any configuration that would point to how I can change this. The Target settings are changed so there is more memory available.
    So any help that may point to my issue in the configuration of Codesys (or if it is in the target config) would be appreciated.

• shooter - 2014-01-22

you will have to break up the table, the table is too long and it takes to much time to process it, thus the watchdog is kicking in.
    find another way to display 7500 items is too much for one screen so try to only display what is needed (make another table for this (a visutable), or use a simpler method of displaying needed items. (in version 2.3 table and trend are still not ideal)

• endeco - 2014-01-22

shooter hat geschrieben:
    you will have to break up the table, the table is too long and it takes to much time to process it, thus the watchdog is kicking in.
    find another way to display 7500 items is too much for one screen so try to only display what is needed (make another table for this (a visutable), or use a simpler method of displaying needed items. (in version 2.3 table and trend are still not ideal)

Thanks Shooter, I was hoping I wouldn't have to go down that route but it is probably the best way to approach using my larger tables.