Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Numerical Keypad

ScottJones
2013-05-08
2013-05-23
  • ScottJones - 2013-05-08

I working on a project using the numerical Keypad in CodeSys 3.5 visulation program. I can get the Keypad to appear on the screen, and the value that the variable is already set to is written tokeypad input box. But when I enter a new value and press OK, the value does not get written to the variable I want edit and the keypad does not close. On a mouse down event I am using the Write Variable option and picking the Numerical Keypad as the Edit method. Any thoughts or ideas on the problem would be appreciated.

• shooter - 2013-05-13

your variable is updated somewhere else, just make a new variable for this input and use it only once as input the rest as output.

• ScottJones - 2013-05-23

Found the answer. At the beginning of my project I thought I has would need to make my own visualization for a numerical keypad and created a visualization named Numpad. I never used it but did not delete it after I figured out how to use the keypad function built into CodeSys. When I added a mouse down event to write a variable using the Numpad, it did not like that I had a visualization called Numpad. As soon as I deleted the visualization the keypad worked fine.