Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Codesys - android app

sasko
2012-11-25
2014-03-20
  • sasko - 2012-11-25

I use Microinnovation XV with PLC licence.
    Is it possible to create the app for android to see I/O and other values. Webvisu works on PLC.
    What tools I have to have to build the app and read the values from PLC ?
    Thanks

• shooter - 2012-11-28

you only need java that is all.

• sasko - 2012-11-29

Yes java, which version to work ok the webvisu ?
    I would like to have app for android, like scada style ?
    Thx

• shooter - 2012-11-29

version is dependent of the plc and the version of the codesys, but just give the address from the plc into the android and it should start auto.

• sasko - 2012-11-29

I get only blank screen on 3 browsers on android. Any idea ?

thx

• Strucc - 2012-11-29

As far as I know, CoDeSys V3 - available soon for XV panels will support javascript and HTML5 based web visualization.
    I've seen the preview, seems to work. I think, this will be the right way to go...

• sasko - 2012-11-30

It's nice to hear progress o XV panels...
    Some other functions would be nice too...

• MusashiAharon - 2012-11-30

Did the visualization work on a PC?

Is Web visualization enabled under Target Settings?

• sasko - 2012-12-02

Yes on PC works well.
    thx

• Strucc - 2012-12-04

sasko hat geschrieben:
    It's nice to hear progress o XV panels...
    Some other functions would be nice too...

What do you mean?

• ilie.c.lucian - 2013-01-10

I don't think that you can use WebVisu from a cell phone's browser. I tried it once and it didn't work, though I didn't dig deeper.

However, if you are interested in something more advanced, you can use Eaton Visual Designer. This is Eaton's SCADA software and it features Mobile Access.

Basically, it enables your project to send Alarms and Process information to cell phones, PDAs, and other mobile devices. Also, you don't need to create special screens to fit on a mobile phone; it automatically builds lightweight pages for mobile browsers, from the project screens.

• sasko - 2013-01-20

Indusoft have the same as eaton. I guess indusoft works for eaton becouse is almoust the same. It would be great that you could export from codesys viualization to android application

• sasko - 2013-02-18

What is the rellese date for a Codesys v3.0 for XV panels ?

THX,Sasko

• kimao - 2014-03-20

Hi, I know this is an old post but I recently found a remote client server for the Eaton XV series that works with android and all other systems. download and install the VNC server from this site http://dotter.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/ ... -efon-vnc/ and install on the PLC. There are several VNC clients for android, IOS and windows that should be able to connect to the PLC..

Kim