Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CoDeSys Implementation

kumareasu
2014-04-09
2014-04-15
  • kumareasu - 2014-04-09

Dear All,
    I would like to build a machine with following configuration. What are all the items I have buy or download from CoDeSys.

1. IPC from Advantech with Windows 7 or Windows XPembedded.
    2. Servo drive/motor with EtherCAT interface.
    3. Digital I/O' with EK 1100 coupler from Beckhoff.

KumarEasu

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-04-09

Hi,

1. You need to download the current Version of CODESYS V3 (3.5SP4Patch3 or current version)
      Register here:
      http://www.codesys.com/download/password-inquiry.html
      then download the CODESYS Development System here:
      http://www.codesys.com/download.html?tx ... 89a80ca157

2. Target for you embedded Windows System: CONTROL RTE V3.5SP4 Patch3 (current version)
      we need to send the download link ... this will be available next in the CODESYS Store

For your tests you do not need to buy anything Control RTE (later you could license it) will be run for 2h in full mode CODESYS Development System is always full / free of charge

BR
    Edwin

• kumareasu - 2014-04-12

Dear Edwin,
    Thanks for your reply...
    I am using TwinCAT and new to CoDeSys. With this back ground can I download some reading materials for CoDeSys and start working on projects. I have tried to download from website and I am not able to get the password for those.
    Kindly guide...
    Regards,
    Kumar Eswaran.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-04-14

Hi Kumar,

if you use Twincat you need to go to the Beckhoff Homepage / download area,
    this is a different System and has beside the iec language editors nothing to do with CODESYS.

BR
    Edwin

• kumareasu - 2014-04-15

Dear Edwin,
    I mean I want to used CoDeSys as a machine builder. I have lots of questions... Could you please help in answer them...

1. Is it possible to use CoDeSys as machine builder with Third party I/O's & servos like Beckhoff/Wago?
    2. What is Control RTE and Control WIN.
    3. Are they same but related to CoDeSys version 2.x and Version 3.x ?
    4. Is it possible to buy the lincence for runtime(Control Win or Control RTE).
    5. I would like to standardize on EtherCAT with Beckhoff/Wago I/O's. Is it required to use any addon card in PC,Where CoDeSys run time is running(SoftPLC).
    6. I have seen some videos in w www.Youtube.com w with Lenze product. Is there any self learning books/manuals/videos for CoDeSys?

Regards,
    Kumar Eswaran

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-04-15

Hi Kumar,

Zitat:
    1. Is it possible to use CoDeSys as machine builder with third party I/O's & servos like Beckhoff/Wago?

yes, this is possible: Use a fieldbus (in your case ethercat others are possible too) in your controller and connect I/O's with that

Zitat:
    2. What is Control RTE and Control WIN?

Control RTE is the realtime capable plc running on Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8.
    Control Win is a non realtime capable plc (this is available after installaing CODESYS V3 Development System on your pc)

Zitat:
    3. Are they same but related to CoDeSys version 2.x and Version 3.x ?

yes in V2.3 both are available too. PLCWinNt = Control Win (V3), SP RTE is Control RTE (V3)

Zitat:
    4. Is it possible to buy the lincence for runtime(Control Win or Control RTE).?

yes and the good think you could test them 2h after starting without restrictions after 2h they quit, but could restarted as much as often as you want. (after activating the license then unlimitted)

Zitat:
    5. I would like to standardize on EtherCAT with Beckhoff/Wago I/O's. Is it required to use any addon card in PC,Where CoDeSys run time is running(SoftPLC).?

Ethercat is only available in CODESYS V3 - so the Option is Control RTE or Control Win,
    Control RTE you need a Network Interface which is supported:

Realtek 8139 (CmpRTL81x9Mpd)
    Realtek RTL8139 contoller.
    the 8100 und 8110 are compatible too.

Realtek 8169 (CmpRTL8169Mpd)
    Realtek 8169/810
    Realtek RTL8111B / RTL8111D

Intel EtherExpressPro1000 (CmpEt1000Drv )
    82541,82547,82567,82571,82573,82574,82583V,i210, i217-LM etc

Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 (CmpEt100Drv)
    Intel 82559, 82558, 82557 and 82550

For Control Win you could use any networkcard, Attention distributed clock is not possible
    (this is what you need for connecting drives and using SoftMotion)

Zitat:
    6. I have seen some videos in http://www.Youtube.com with Lenze product. Is there any self learning books/manuals/videos for CoDeSys??

there are some available on YouTube.. search for CODESYS V3
    SoftMotion RTE - Ethercat:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5DUYVS-pRQ
    CODESYS & Multitouch Targetvisu
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tzwlscUeDE

BR
    Edwin