Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

How to use PCAN-USB ?

chipwang
2013-05-10
2013-05-15
  • chipwang - 2013-05-10

I need to use PCAN-USB as CAN interface on CoDeSys SP RTE, but by the instruction, I can't install it as IO-Device. I tried to install it by right clicking and selecting 'Install' on the RTIOwdmPCAN.inf file under 'C:\Program Files\CoDeSys SP RTE\W2k_XP Drivers\Peak Systems PCAN' after installed PCAN-USB with driver come with the CD from Peak, and nothing happens. If I install it manually, I will be given 'not compatible' promotion and end up failing.

I suppose that successfull installation will show me the 'RTIOwdmPCAN' in the Detected IO configuration window in 'CoDeSys SP RTE ' System panel.

IMG: SP_RTE.jpg

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2013-05-10

no, this will not work. SP RTE and usb peak adapter, there is no driver available. USB and Hard Realtime is not
    a real good combination. Imagine what happends on hotplug.
    If you want to use it you have to use Conrtol Win (Soft realtime under COSESYS V3).
    For CODESYS SP RTE V2.3 you need a PCI -Peak or Automata card.

• chipwang - 2013-05-15

But Control-Win runs likes SPWinNT in CoDeSys 2.3, There is no portal for adding a device for the none-realtime Soft PLC.