Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Task execution time with PLCWinNT v2.4.7.0

2009-09-04
2009-10-28
  • Edoardo Cappi - 2009-09-04

Hallo

I'm experiencing problems in the "task" execution on the a.m. softplc version of cedesys integrated in Wizcon (ControlMaestro) SCADA system.

The problem is that I defined an execution time for tasks but real excution is not respected.

For instance, I assigned 12 second execution time for a task that recall few programs but the real execution time is about double of that and not the same every time.

I'm sure that required execution time of programs is very far from occupying the available time between one task and the following, because it requires only few milliseconds.

Who can give me an advice how to fix the problem?

Thanks

Edoardo

• TimvH

TimvH - 2009-10-28

The CoDeSys version of Wizcon is not the realtime version.

If you need realtime control you need to use the CoDeSys SP RTE. You are able to connect Wizcon to this RTE by an OPC server/client connection. You need to check which function you use. If you use Synchronous functions it might be that CoDeSys is waiting.

CoDeSys SP RTE won't be able to use the special WizPLC (CMsoftPLC) library functions for e.g. loading recipies or starting Wizcon macro's.