CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:11 am 

I 'm thinking to use BBB + Codesys to build some Small delta Robot. for pick & place application.
is there some way to Exchange data from codesys BBB for camera target acquisition of the picks point?

I thinkng on a C++ package made with OPENCV. that sent to codesys the target pick point.

I have not seen in codesys BBB te possibility to import Linux C++ libraries / executable.

Thanks in advance for your support and suggestion

Massimiliano Rovinelli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:23 am 

Hi,
same question, any clue ???
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:39 am 

If you create a codesys library you will be able to import C code.
I do not know if this is the best solution but it could help.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:46 am 

Hello
I'm working using sheared memory from BBB - CODESYS and BBB - OPENCV
I'm think to standardizzare some class template into OPENCV C++ and some POU template in BBB CODESYS

I haven't seen the possibility to use C integration in CODESYS for Beaglebone. Heve you seen it?

Thanks

BR
Massimiliano

Post subject: HMI for BBB
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:53 am 

Dear Massimiliano,
I have seen your feedback on product review on "CODESYS Control for BeagleBone SL".
I would like to build a single axis control & HMI in BBB.
did you use HMI in your application. If yes how do you acheived it.
Regards,
Kumar.E

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 pm 

Hello Kumar
I spent a lot of time regarding this topics and done a many benchamrcks, and at the I defined this two possible solution; that depend if the HMI is "high" uman exchange or only for INFO / Visualization.

1) If HMI is only for info I used a solution with HMI direct in the Beagle where there is the realtime Runtime, (consider that i use a preemt_RT patched kernel). Like 4DSystem screen 7", resistive touch. To have in the Beagle a minimum reactive performance you should set-up a minimal kernel function and especially with many LXDE module disable; Use Chromium as web browser ,QupZilla is lighter in the paper but in practis some time have a lt of delay time, the web application should start at the beginning of the Linux session with the command line ...... "http:\\localhost:9090\webvisu.htm" for example.
The Beagle should be configured in Kiosk-mode for better performances

2) If HMI is for "high" uman exchange in my opinion you need to use a second different system for HMI, I found good solution using Raspberry PI3 with 10.2" touch captive pannel, total cost under 150€ for the HMI. In this case the Beagle do only the runtime engine, I took out all the module in the beaglebone kernel in the way to save CPU and memory.
you can connet the beagle direct the RPI by ethernet over USB, and save a pubblic addres, or you can connect beagle to the networ separatelly, I found a good Usb-Network adapter in the way to save the on board network for the ethercat master.
With this second option we are building a multiaxis CNC press, with position and force controlled. I would like to see how many axis is possible to handle with the run time working in 1ms sampling and HMI 100ms.

I think I have the first result at the end of September.

I hope I could help you a little bit

Best regards
Massimiliano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:15 am 

Dear Massimiliano,
Thanks for your reply...Very much useful. I have few more aspects to discuss...
1. How many axis you have done with BBB.
2. Do you have any arrangement for safe shutdown of BBB like UPS .(I have frequent power interupption).
3. Did you use OPC server in BBB? and read/write the value from your HMI?
Regards,
Kumar.E

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:54 pm 

Hello Kumar
1) At the moment 1 hydraulic axis
2) At the moment due to my time was short, I use Battery under power supply, our company works 24h/day 7days on week => never shut down til now the "uptime" command give me 104dd.
3) Not at the moment I use webVisu, I'm testing some comunication with shear memory and C++ app, but at the moment have priority two. Is the OPCserver aviable for Beagle?

Best regards

Massimiliano