Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

GPIO not responding

rickyc8888
2016-12-28
2016-12-30
  • rickyc8888 - 2016-12-28

Hi,

I have successfully plugged the GPIOs_P9_P8 device and map GPIO_49 output(QX6.1) to a variable using the device editor. I created a program to blink the variable and when the program executed I could see the variable changing. However, the actual output did not change. I have tried all the update methods(Enabled 1, 2, parent device). Did I miss something?

Best Regards,

Ricky Chang

Test.project [168.02 KiB]

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-12-28

you need to add your Project to check...
    BR
    Edwin

• rickyc8888 - 2016-12-28

Thanks for the reply. I have added the project to the original post. Thanks!

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-12-28

Hi,
    you need to specify the IO's see screenshot

BR
    Edwin

IMG: SpecifyOutput.jpg

• rickyc8888 - 2016-12-30

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for the information. Now the output is working. But can you explain to me what the update option "Use parent device setting" and "Use parent bus cycle setting" mean? Who is the parent? Because when I use "Use parent device setting" the program crashes with an exception. "Use parent bus cycle setting" works but I don't know where this cycle time can be set.

Is there any document showing the steps to set up the program for Beaglebone? The only document I could find is the gettingstarted document, but the info are scarce. The step to configure the I/O like what you've shown me I couldn't find anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

Best Regards,

Ricky Chang