Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Mode of Operation 8 CanOpen / CoE

GiorgioT
2016-12-16
2016-12-28
  • GiorgioT - 2016-12-16

Hi,
    I'm using BBB for some projects involving CanOpen and CanOverEthercat servo motor drives.

The SM_Drive_GenericDSP402 fixes the ModeOfOperation always to 8 regardless the FB used (e.g. MoveVelocity, MoveAbsolute, ...etc).

From the CiA 402 Standard i read that ModeOfOperation=1 means Profile Position, ModeOfOperation=3 means Profile Velocity and so on...
    ModeOfOperation 0 and from 8 to 127 are RESERVED !

Why does the Codesys SoftMotion Axis always set the MoO to 8 ? What does the MoO 8 stand for ?

Inside this forum i found this:

Zitat:
    Hi,
    check if the servo supports the following operating modes which are defined in the CANopen drive
    profile DS402:
    either
    7 Interpolated position mode or
    8 Cyclic sync position mode
    should be supported by your new servo drive

In which way Does codesys control my motor using MoO 8 ?
    Most of my drives works well with this mode but i have one drive that can set the motor in standstill though the MC_Power, but i can't get it spinning usign MoveVelocity or MoveAbsolute...etc.

Might someone shed a light on this MoO 8 ?

Thank you in advance.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-12-18

Hi,

CSP Mode 8 cyclic synchronous position mode is used by CODESYS SoftMotion
    to have the posililty to do caming, cnc, multiaxis movements.
    The master calcs the trajectory for all drives and send cyclic setpositions in compare to if you use the DS402 mode 1 where the drive is doing the trajectroy.(This is used by SoftMotion Light)

BR
    Edwin

• murdemon - 2016-12-26

Hello Edwin ... it is any other requirements for servo modes, sync, or somethink .. that need to be done for using with SoftMotion from Codesys?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-12-28

Hi,
    th plc should be realtime capable.

BR
    Edwin