Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CODESYS for BeagleBone Black

kmpm
2014-03-07
2020-10-07
<< < 1 2 3 (Page 3 of 3)
  • Pape - 2017-01-17

Hi Edwin,

I am using codesys on beaglebone black but found it very slow and consuming all CPU. I used the same program with Raspberry PI and was ok. Due to industrial propose I go BBB.

I followed codesys recommandations to install it. How to check that I may did something wrong?

Can you help please?

Thank,
    BR
    Pape

• mnurpeiissov - 2017-02-23

I need your help people. I create a simple program to turn the light on using GPIO, and after logging in codesys says :"downloaded:exception" and does not let me start thr application.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-02-24

Hi,
    yes this is a known bug at the moment...
    please map the whole word and access:

for example
    wOutput.0
    in your application.
    BR
    Edwin

IMG: notSinglevars.jpg

• kumareasu - 2017-08-07

Dear Stablex,
    Have you done UPS functionality with BBB?. Could you please guide me?
    Regards,
    Kumar.E

• kumareasu - 2017-08-19

kumareasu hat geschrieben:
    Dear Stablex,
    Have you done UPS functionality with BBB?. Could you please guide me?
    Regards,
    Kumar.E

Is there ant facility to shut down the BBB via CoDeSys?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-08-19

Hi,
    Please use the search function in the forum..
    You will find it x times it is the same like you use Raspberry Pi

BR
    Edwin

IMG: SysProcess.jpg

πŸ‘
  • kumareasu - 2017-08-31

Hi Edwin,
    It works... Thank you for your help...
    Persistant variable also works fine.
    Regards,
    Kumar.E

• kumareasu - 2017-12-04

Edwin,
    I have seen RT-Preempt in https://www.osadl.org ..
    Will it be good for BBB.
    Regards,
    Kumar.E

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-12-04

sure...

• mcodem - 2020-10-07

Dear Edwin,
    At the thread that attached below, it is denoted that a remote gateway is embedded into RPI SL. If so, is the remote gateway installed on BBB SL as well?

thread link : https://forge.codesys.com/forge/talk/Runtime/thread/4078a2ed28/

Thanks in advance.

Last edit: mcodem 2020-10-07
    • Ingo

Ingo - 2020-10-07

But I would find it interesting for what you need the Gateway. If you just want to use it for communication through VPN or similar, you can also directly enter the IP address in the communication dialog (if you didn't know that feature already).

This way a scan doesn't work, but you can download, debug and everything.

• mcodem - 2020-10-07

Thanks for your advice. I would like to connect the IDE to PLCs via router with port forwarding . plz see attached picture for more details. I could connect the IDE to PLCs with the way you mentioned.
        However, I could not find any PLCs with Scan network command even I tried to connect via runtime UDP connection port(1740~1743) using port forwarding.
        In this case, Is it impossible to connect to the PLCs with Scan netwrok command?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2020-10-07

use the remote Gateway then you could scan the plc.
          Even here without port forwarding and VPN, using the CODESYS Automation Server as remote Gateway, would be
          the most easiest and impressive method to connect your plc's to login/debug/download and show the webvisu from outside the network.
          Remote Login:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLywg51Xyk&t=14s
          Webvisu:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyf9bCpPa6s
          This is still free of charge, so I would recomment to give this a try. ( EdgeGateway on Beaglebone you probably have now installed :-)).

• mcodem - 2020-10-07

Thanks for your help, I am trying to figure out how to use it.
            Can I ask you if the remote gateway is available for other CODESYS controllers(not SL product) as well?

• eschwellinger

yes, basically on all plc's runtime version >= 3.5.8.0 and they need to have a filesystem.
              So at the moment no embedded systems - without filesystems are not capable for the CODESYS Automaton server.
              Just in case:
              You could ask in the Automation Server section here in the forge, we will try to check and give a response if possible or not or you just try it with the plc ;-) and feedback there would be much appreciated.πŸ˜‰

According the remote gateway - Edge gateway - this package https://store.codesys.com/cas/codesys-edge-gateway.html?store=en&from_store=default#All%20versions
              (Linux from CODESYS Store contains the following remote Gateways (debian packages and one ipk version):
              codesysedge_i386_V3.5.16.x.deb codesysedge_amd64_V3.5.16.x.deb codesysedge_armhf_V3.5.16.x.deb codesysedge_armhf_V3.5.16.x.ipk -> Wago PFCxxx and Wago Touchpanel

Last edit: eschwellinger 2020-10-07
  • eschwellinger

Hi,
    You need to install the Edge Gateway from
    CODESYS Store, to have it in all Runtime SL
    Products. This is due the fact that it is better to have it as seperate running applikation which you could start / stop update independent from the runtime version. This is the same with Beaglebone .

Last edit: eschwellinger 2020-10-07
<< < 1 2 3 (Page 3 of 3)