CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum by 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH | A member of the CODESYS Group
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Visualization Dev Loop
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:40 am 
Frequent User
Frequent User

Hello everyone,

in this post I would like to give you some insight into what we are currently working on in the visualization team and what new features you can look forward to in the next version.
My goal is that I don't want to discuss every issue we've worked on, but only briefly describe the interesting issue.

Notable changes:
July 2019
  • Distributed alarms
    This is an ongoing service which becomes part of the product. The idea behind this is that the HMI can display/save/filter alarms from a variety of PLCs simultaneously.
  • Programmatic opening of dialogs with {attribute 'VAR_IN_OUT_AS_POINTER'}
    The interface parameter is now be client-specific and will not overwrite the parameter of an already opened dialog for another client.
  • Visu User Management
    If the user management has not changed, the download/online change no longer asks whether the file should be redownloaded to the PLC.
  • Webvisu, Multitouch detection
    If multitouch is active in the project, the browser now checks whether the device actually supports multitouch.
  • Visu datasize
    In a specific customer project we reduced the data size of the visualization by around 20%.
  • File transfer, online change
    This point was not fixed directly by us in the team, but we got some bugs reported. Due to an error in the compiler, files were not transferred during the online change.
  • Visu Preview "Support client animations and overlay of native elements"
    As always we are working hard on our goal to fix all known outstanding bugs with this new way of drawing the visualization.

I hope this gives you some insight into what we're working on right now.

I will expand this post every month, if I can.

Best regards,
Marcel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:02 am 

Dear sir,

In a development project we noticed that element position changes (x, y coordinates) do not change when "Online Change" is used for at least the web visualization. These changes only apply when a new application is build and downloaded to the softplc. Is this intentional, is this an unknown bug or is this the bug you discussed in point 6 "File transfer, online change"?

When new elements are added to the visualization these are then visible.. So seemingly this "bug" only applies to elements already in the visualization.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
Reno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:59 pm 
Frequent User
Frequent User

Hello sir,
the idea behind this thread is not to post any bugs/question. I just want to give you guys an update on what we are currently working.

Please open a bug report using the store.codesys.com My-Question feature.

Best regards,
Marcel