Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Touch panel for webvisu

Anonymous
2019-06-22
2019-06-23
  • Anonymous - 2019-06-22

Originally created by: AntonZ

I have been looking into options for touch panels to be used with Codesys web visualisations. Any suggestions for good touch panels, to be built into front door of e panel? For our purposes I am interested in different sizes, from 7" and upwards. No distinct preference for the host OS, both a Windows CE or Linux based solution would be fine as long as it can display a web visualisation properly. We have used Weintek panels. These are quite affordable. But the downside is they don't do web visualisations. So we need two separate development environments: Codesys for the PLC logic and Weintek easybuilder software for the HMI.

There should be no aluminium (corrosive dust, salt) for the environment it will be used in. Preferably something where you can make the web browser show full screen and somewhat locked down, so as to prevent operators from using it to watch youtube videos instead of working

Any suggestions for affordable panels?

• e.kislov - 2019-06-22

Have a look to Berghof ET series.

• dkugler - 2019-06-22

Originally created by: D. Kugler

We use Berghof Et and DC panels too and like it very much!

• somlioy - 2019-06-23

Have a look at exor panels. The panels run some embedded linux. They originally run their own software for their own HMI-environment (jmobile), but they have made an addon/patch making the panel run chromium aswell. Look at either eX700-series or the cheaper eSMART-series. The former goes up to 21.5" while the latter goes up to 10.1". I believe all of them are IP66 fronts, and also DNV-GL approved (used on ships). The eX700 also has a few version with IP69 front for use in the food industry. The panels are also dimmable if you need that.