Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

How disable long touch press as right-mouse-click on Raspberry Pi touchscreen

lubos
2019-03-06
2022-05-16
  • lubos - 2019-03-06

Hello everyone,

I have question about behavior of touch-button functionality in VisuTask. On my Raspberry Pi device with touch screen display and VISU shown in the Chromium browser I need this button functionality for automation:
    If someone push button down, button should be pressed until you push it up. But unfortunately this feature works only with external USB mouse, but not with touchscreen display. Unfortunately, this integrated touch device interprets long-press as a right mouse click, but should always remain pressed down (like only left mouse click).
    This functionality is requested e.g. in HMI application, where someone control manual servo feed with buttons.
    I tried to change it with different instructions directly in the Raspbian system and touch drivers, but without result.

Here is some info from my experimenting:
    System: -Raspberry Pi 3B +, last Raspbian update, CODESYS V3.5 SP14, CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL, original 7 '' Raspberry display (I also tested with WaveShare 10 '' display with same behavior)
    Tests:
    -In the "libinput" driver I tried to change some parameters, but I did not find somethink, what solves this issue.
    -xmodmap can remap or disable mouse buttons, but without influence on touchscreen behavior, right-click is not possible to disable (probably driver for touch or system has this property, but I dont know how to setup)

-Command line parameters for Cromium browser did not solve this

Thanks a lot for some info or tips....

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-03-06

Hi,
    if should work like charm if you activate multitouch here:

BR
    Edwin

IMG: ButtonVisu.png

πŸ‘
  • lubos - 2019-03-06

WOW, THIS FUNCTION IN MINUTE!

"Multitouch" checkbox is magic. Probably this checkbox should be better described, what all is doing

* Thank You very much for quick answer ! ***

• lingvo - 2022-05-16

I had the same question and Multitouch option solved the problem of emulating long press, but Chromium still opens pup-up menu on long touch.
    I tried --kiosk option, and this works, but then one can't exit the browser anymore. Any other ideas?