Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

MultiTouch : Two fingers pinch to Z00M in/out and rotation gesture.

SsS
2018-12-05
2021-06-30
  • SsS - 2018-12-05

I have been experimenting with Codesys MultiTouch Example

By default, in the example, HandleSpreadPinchGesture is set to TRUE, but I have not been able to get the event called.
    What configuration and conditions are required to have HandleSpreadPinchGesture event called?

Thanks!

Note: using Codesys 3.5SP9P8, running a webVisu on a Windows Laptop with Touchscreen.
    Frame scrolling, flick detection, multiple IEC touch detection, touch of multiple visu elements at the same time are all working fine in the multi touch example.

• m.prestel - 2018-12-06

Hello sir,

do you mind telling me what browser and version you are currently using for the webvisu?

Best regards,
    Marcel

• SsS - 2018-12-06

Yes of course!

I have tried it on :
    - Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110
    - IE Version 11.407.17134.0

• m.prestel - 2018-12-10

Hello sir,

do you know if this issue still exists in SP13 Patch 2?

Or are you limited to SP9 Patch 8?

Best regards,
    Marcel

• m.prestel - 2018-12-11

Hello sir,

after talking to the lead developer he mentioned that the spread-pinch feature was never released and therefore is not working.

Best regards,
    Marcel

• SsS - 2018-12-11

Ok.
    Thank you for the follow-up.

Can we conclude that the multiTouch is limited to the following (please correct if there are other features that are not mentionned here):

• HandlePanGesture is called after moving the picture inside the frame (on finger released). ("Scrolling" page of the example)
    • HandleTouchEvent is called as soon as at least 1 finger touches the screen, can track up to 5 fingers at the same time. ("Flick detection" page of the example)
    • HandleFlickgesture is called if a swipe event occurs (on finger released). ("Flick detection" page of the example)
    • Simultaneous interaction with multiple Visu Elements is available out of the box when enabling MultiTouch. ("Multiple Inputs" and "Tow-Hand inputs" pages of the example)

Thank you!

• m.prestel - 2018-12-19

Hey,

sorry for the delay. Just wanna let you know I have not forgotten you.
    Currently just a bit busy!

Best regards,
    Marcel

• m.prestel - 2020-01-31

SsS hat geschrieben:
    Ok.
    Thank you for the follow-up.
    Can we conclude that the multiTouch is limited to the following (please correct if there are other features that are not mentionned here):
    - HandlePanGesture is called after moving the picture inside the frame (on finger released). ("Scrolling" page of the example)
    - HandleTouchEvent is called as soon as at least 1 finger touches the screen, can track up to 5 fingers at the same time. ("Flick detection" page of the example)
    - HandleFlickgesture is called if a swipe event occurs (on finger released). ("Flick detection" page of the example)
    - Simultaneous interaction with multiple Visu Elements is available out of the box when enabling MultiTouch. ("Multiple Inputs" and "Tow-Hand inputs" pages of the example)
    Thank you!

Sounds good!

• jkopicz - 2021-06-11

Are there plans to support the spread pinch? Currently it does not appear to work in SP17

• m.prestel - 2021-06-30

No plans yet. Currently we don't have a use case for elements which would need this gesture.

Best regards,
      Marcel