Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Trend graph error

alex.chen
2018-09-03
2018-12-18
  • alex.chen - 2018-09-03

hi,

can someone help me on how to set up trend ?
    im actually able to see the trend working if im using my laptop as a plc, however once i change the device to the plc i'm using, it show errors like the attached.

can anyone help me on this?

IMG: error.jpg

• tjarcoboerkoel - 2018-11-14

O wow, Alex.
    How did you manage to get this dynamic timeline stuff working?
    Do you dynamically fill an array?

• m.prestel - 2018-11-20

hello alex,

You may wanna check the configuration of Visualization_Trend1. Looks like there was something configured wrong!

Best regards,
    Marcel

• RoryLDM - 2018-12-18

I've only seen an error like that when I'm simulating on my laptop rather than running a test on a real PLC. I think it's related to an inability to save or store info when I'm simulating the PLC. I also get this on an actual PLC if I mange to delete the trend files that codesys has generated.

So I would access your PLC's internal storage and see if in PlcPrg/Visu wether you have Application.TrendRecording.xml, Application.NAME.sqlite, and Application.NAME.sqlite.metadata

You can access this storage via FTP if your configuration supports that.

If those files aren't being created trying doing a fresh install to your device wiping existing PLC data, clean your program, and try installing and running it again.

If it still doesn't have those files contact your hardware manufacturer's help line. If they have one.

Also of note, your trend will need time to populate with data. If you're trying to view it before it has saved any data your PLC may crash or I dunno maybe display something else.