moconor18 - 2018-08-24

I have a project where I have multiple instances of control modules and I would like to be able create a single visualization and then have instances of that visualization inside the project. For example, let's say I have 5 stepper controllers. I have a single function block that controls the stepper module and 5 instances of the function block that controls each module respectively. I can create another function block that controls the logic surrounding the visualization code. But due to the fact the visualizations can only access global memory, i have to create a duplicate visualization for each stepper and then have a global instance of the function block that controls the visualization code. What i would like to do is effectively have the visualization be directly associated with an instance of the function block and access its memory directly rather than through global memory. Is there a way to create an instance of a visualization rather than duplicating the visualization each time i add an additional module to the system? In this case I have defined one function block for visualization control and one visualization and can dynamically instantiate as many as necessary without having to modify or add more support code.

Thanks.