Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

List of string pointed by value in visualization

mikeardy
2018-01-30
2018-01-31
  • mikeardy - 2018-01-30

Hi,
    in a visualization screen, I need to display some text description (string) according to a variable value.
    My idea is to use a text field in which in such a way must be displayed a description depending on a variable, but I don't know as I can achieve this.

For example:
    0={empty field}
    1=ERROR
    2=CONNECTED
    3=....

How can I make this possibile?

• Lo5tNet - 2018-01-30

You need to create an array of type string and tie that to your text variable so it would be something like:

VAR
    Β  Β  ConnectionStatus : USINT; //1 = error, 2 = connected
    Β  Β  aConnectionStatus :Β  Β  ARRAY[0..MAXSTATUSSIZE] OF STRING := ['','ERROR','CONNECTED'];
    END_VAR
    VAR CONSTANT
    Β  Β  MAXSTATUSSIZE : USINT := 2;
    END_VAR

Then for the properties of your text field you would use the following settings:

IMG: connectionstatussettings.PNG

• mikeardy - 2018-01-31

Thanks for your support but something goes wrong.

IMG: ModbusStatus1_POU_VAR.PNG

IMG: ModbusStatus2_POU_Status.PNG

IMG: ModbusStatus3_Visualization.PNG

IMG: ModbusStatus4_Errors.PNG

• Lo5tNet - 2018-01-31

In the setting for your text field you have setup the text variable wrong. It should be arrayName[index] and not index[arrayName]. So it would look like POU.ModbusDescription[POU.ModbusStatus]. https://help.codesys.com/api-content/2/codesys/3.5.12.0/en/_cds_datatype_array/

As for the 3rd error MODBUSTCPCOMSTATE is not of type USINT so you need to look at it and find out the type of MODBUSTCPCOMSTATE. I don't have this in the older version I use so I can't help on that error.

• mikeardy - 2018-01-31

Yeah!
    It functions!
    Many Thanks!