Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Codesys HMI SL - Load visualization on startup

bjahoff
2017-11-15
2017-11-15
  • bjahoff - 2017-11-15

I just started to use Codesys HMI v. 3.5.11.30 and the visualization is working when uploaded from the Codesys development system V3.

What remains, is to autmoatically start the the HMI visualization when the computer is started.
    I have tried the procedures used in V2, by refering to the project file, but it does not work. In the command prompt, codesyshmi only stated that the configuration file cannot be found before exiting.

There is an gateway.cfg file in the application folder that points to the folder holding the correct visualization I want to load. It is located under "Program Data" and appears to be created when I downloaded the HMI application from the development system.
    If I type: "...\codesyshmi gateway" I don't get any error message, but the visualization still does not load. I have not been able to find any documentation regarding Codesys HMI SL v3.

Do anyone have any experience with the recent version of Codesys HMI and know how this is supposed to work?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-11-15

Hi,

HMI V3 is a prozess in compare to Control Win run as an service , so you need to add a link to the autostart

For example Windows 10 / Windows 7

shell:startup this opens the Directory where you need to add the link

BR
    Edwin

• bjahoff - 2017-11-15

I just tried again, and today the HMI started right up just by using the shortcut in the start menu.
    Maybe a restart of the computer has been the solution?

Anyway, if this works in the actual plant just as in the lab, the problem is hopefully solved just by adding the shortcut to the startup folder.