Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Webvisu - webserver - client counter

miczieli
2016-05-23
2016-06-29
  • miczieli - 2016-05-23

Hi, I'm using Codesys v. 3.5 SP7 with Berghof IEC 2250, and I've got one question.
    I've read somewhere that webserver can support up to 100 clients. I want to test it. I've prepared a visualisation already.
    My question: is there any counter or method to count number of clients currently connected to webvisu via browser?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-05-30

Hi,

try it that way:

You Need to call this in visutask context 'VISU_TASK'

PROGRAM CountClients
    VAR
           pClient: POINTER TO VisuElems.VisuElemBase.VisuStructClientData;
           countWebvisu: INT;
           countAll: INT;
    END_VAR

__Implementation______

```

countWebvisu := 0;
    countAll := 0;
    g_ClientManager.BeginIteration();

WHILE (pClient := VisuElems.VisuElemBase.g_ClientManager.GetNextClient()) <> 0 DO
           IF pClient^.GlobalData.ClientType = VisuElems.VisuElemBase.Visu_ClientType.WebVisualization THEN
                 countWebvisu := countWebvisu + 1;
           END_IF

countAll := countAll + 1;
    END_WHILE

```BR
    Edwin

• miczieli - 2016-06-29

Thank u a lot for your answear but I'm a newbie so I need some more explanation

As I understood this part:

Zitat:
    PROGRAM CountClients
    VAR
    pClient: POINTER TO VisuElems.VisuElemBase.VisuStructClientData;
    countWebvisu: INT;
    countAll: INT;
    END_VAR

Stood for a structure (DUT) named CountClients.

The second part stands for POU named g_ClientManager.

But if i want to add CountClients to VISU_TASK as a call the program goes into the exception.
    And if i would like to add a g_ClientManager as a call in VISU_TASK i can't because its type is TYPE.

What have i done wrong?

I tried with VISU_NO_EXCEPTION_HANDLING but it failed, with 42 errors like Problem during creating a client: we are out of memory.