Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Message in Visualization

drChiavo
2016-01-14
2016-09-12
  • drChiavo - 2016-01-14

Hello,

Is it possible to prompt messages in the Visualization? If yes, how can I do that? Or which library can I use?

What I want to do is to send a message in the Visualization in case the "start button" haven't pressed.

Something like...

IF xStart THEN
    xStartProcess := TRUE;
    ELSE
    XStartPorcess := FALSE;
    //PROMPT MESSAGE IN VISUALIZATION ('Please press start button to start')
    END_IF

• jvondrus - 2016-01-14

Hello,

I'm doing this by button element field which is hidden / shown as specific value says.

Look for "State variables" then "invisible" and "Deactivate input". Default is TRUE = HIDDEN / DEACTIVATED, so if do you want FALSE for HIDDEN you have to put "!" after variable, like "XStartPorcess!"

• drChiavo - 2016-01-15

Hello,

I tried what you said but it didnt work. I have done a screenshot in the places where you said I should put "!".

IMG: State.PNG

• jvondrus - 2016-01-15

Hello,

its OK, if g_Stop is FALSE you have to see your element visible and active for touch (click) event.
    g_Stop must be BOOLEAN type.

Have you any error message in log?

• drChiavo - 2016-01-20

Hello,

Sorry, because I answered you too late. It is true that the initial status TRUE = HIDDEN but with "!" has no effect. Still TRUE := HIDDEN.

• jvondrus - 2016-01-20

It's long time when I used it, I dot'n remember exact type. And I have not CODESYS on this computer right now.

Maybe it required ( ).

• Anonymous - 2016-09-12

Originally created by: barkamharikrishna

hi
    please used NOT before your variable .
    its works