I added the variables to the config file and it didn't help. I have tried each of the following on 3 computers: one with Windows 10 and two with Windows 7.
- Added variables to only CoDeSysHMI.cfg -> Result: no change.
- Added variables to only CODESYSControl.cfg -> Result: no change.
- Added variables to both CoDeSysHMI.cfg and CODESYSControl.cfg -> Result: no change.
- Changed port to 8081 -> Result: no change.
I restarted CODESYS HMI each time to reload the config files. I also restarted the OS a few times. After trying the above, I:
- Deleted the TargetVisualization and left WebVisu in the project -> Result: no change.
- Started a new project with a CODESYS HMI device, added a Visualization Manager, and left the default TargetVisualization and WebVisualization objects -> Result: no difference.
I also verified that nothing was listening on 8080 or 8081 via the command prompt with "netstat -a -b -n -o". The netstat output was checked without CODESYS HMI running. Then, CODESYS HMI was started, and again no processes were listening on 8080 (I changed the file back). I did verify that the netstat output was updating by starting up the Apache and mySQL servers, both of which showed up in the output on their respective ports (80 and 3306) after being started.
Any other ideas? Have you seen this working before? With a CODESYS HMI device, that is?