Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Connecting Codesys to Linux based device

PetarDj
2019-07-22
2019-09-01
  • PetarDj - 2019-07-22

Hi all,

I am new to Codesys and Linux, and I have a question about connecting a phyboard-Mira based device (which is run on Linux) to a Codesys V3 software. I connected phyBoard-Mira to my PC via ethernet, and I am seeing the device as eth0 when I type ifconfig on my terminal. It sends some data via MQTT protocol, and I am able to get that data with a python code and it is all working, but when I try to get that data in Codesys, I am having troubles even recognizing the device. I have tried setting the eth0 IP address as a Gateway, but it won't work and Codesys delivers the scan failed message.

I have looked on the forum for solutions, and I don't know if it is necessary to have a Codesys Control package for Linux SL to do this? Also, do I need to connect my PLC first and then do this kind of communication, i.e. do I need to connect both the PLC and the phyBoard-Mira based device for this to work?

Best regards,
    Petar

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-09-01

Hi Petar,
    at the moment there is no generic arm or arm cortex based Linux runtime available,
    this is only for Linux SL on Intel/AMD Systems (64Bit)available.
    You need to contact the sales department.

BR
    Edwin