Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Dynamic Symbol Configuration

Anonymous
2019-07-10
2019-08-12
  • Anonymous - 2019-07-10

Originally created by: jg.forward

Hi all!

I am trying to setup some sort of OPC UA to ProfiNET gateway, meaning I want to publish data from a ProfiNET network on an OPC UA server. So far everything went smooth with a CODESYS RPI3 setup. Both stacks work great!

Although, can I dynamically change the Symbol Configuration during runtime? I.e. if a new ProfiNET slave comes online and I want to publish its data.

Thanks for all your suggestions!
    J

• Anonymous - 2019-08-06

Hi again all!

So, till now I am not very successfull in my attemps to workaround this. My current idea is to use an external process and the AddNodes service. Can anyone tell me if the CODESYS OPC UA server supports this service? Maybe even point me to some more informations?

Thank you for your thoughts!

BTW, is this the correct subsection?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-08-06

Hi,
    guess this is not possible at all dynamically.
    You need to have the symbols configured in advance ( mean need to be compiled and downloaded)
    BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2019-08-08

Too bad to hear that. But thank you, for the information. Maybe I can implement a standalone OPC UA server and write the node values from the PLC program?
    But I could not find any OPC UA clients for CODESYS, so far ...

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-08-12

Hi,
    hm... the variables in the plc are not dynamic too... so which sense make it to the the UA symbols dynamic
    even when all plc varibles are stiatic ( available at compile time) too.
    Maybe you need to exaplain your requirement in detail.

BR
    Edwin