I've been using CODESYS V3.5SP11 for a while and installed the new Version V126.96.36.199.
Using the new V3.5.13, I was able to open, convert and use projects done with the older version.
When I tried to create a new project with the newer version however, it wouldn't even let me configure the gateway, because the running service still had V3.5.11.
What I tried so far to fix this problem, none of it helped:
- Stopping the service (in systray and in the service-menu of windows) and manually starting the V13-service by executing "..program files\CODESYS 188.8.131.52\GatewayPLC\CODESYSControlService.exe" and "..GatewayService.exe" without any results
- Uninstalling V3.5.11 completely, which results in no more CODESYS services being started at all
- Using the V3.5.13 installation-file, I tried "repairing" the installation
- Using the V3.5.13 installation-file, I tried reinstalling the services
- At the moment I am in the process of completely uninstalling V3.5.13 and making a new clean install, which I hope will fix this.
This all takes several hours every time and I am starting to lose my patience. Is this really what users must endure to simply update the software? What did I do wrong?