Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Target ID missmatch RTE for Beckhoff CX

Omar Ampyx
2018-12-03
2018-12-03
  • Omar Ampyx - 2018-12-03

Hi Erwin,

After installing the CODESYS_Control_RTE_SL_for_Beckhoff_CX_3.5.13.20 the target ID that shows up at the Kernel Information is 0x2.

I also installed the provided package in Codesys. However, if you add any of the PLC's named Codesys_XXXXX_RTE_CX to your device tree, their device ID is 0x3. This missmatch in target ID does not allow you to connect to the device!

On the other hand, adding any of the Codesys_XXXXX_RTE_V3 PLCs to the device tree do have 0x02 as target ID and connection with the device can be established.

This issue together with the fact that CmpCX5000Mpd was also missing (see previous post) brings me to the conclusion that the RTE included in the store called CODESYS_Control_RTE_SL_for_Beckhoff_CX_3.5.13.20 is not the right one. Could you check this?

Thank you in advance, Omar

• Omar Ampyx - 2018-12-03

Ok I found the solution, I forgot to enable the installed components on the Component manager, once I did that the target id of the RTE switched to 0x3, so there is no missmatch anymore.

Regards, Omar