Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Runtime License backup WibuCmRaC or WibuCmRaU?

Anonymous
2018-11-30
2018-12-06
  • Anonymous - 2018-11-30

Originally created by: Ali Tevfik BAYKENT

For backing up license key, Request Licence Tool generates .WibuCmRaC file. On the other hand for restoring, Install License Tool looks for .WibuCmRaU file. This is confusing.
    Besides, I have just purchased a RunTime key in order to transfer the licence from Softcontainer to the "dongle", but it cannot see nor borrow the existing licence in the Softcontainer.

What can you suggest me? Normally I intend to use backup license on the same computer (as controller).
    Then to be more flexible I purchased the Run-time key for controller-to-controller transfer.

• Anonymous - 2018-12-06

Originally created by: Ali Tevfik BAYKENT

Well, I have been informed that licenses are either in dongle (Runtime USB key stick) format, or they are in Softcontainer (inside the controller PC) format. License transfer from one to another is not as easy as Simatic S7; but only can be done by the help of CODESYS guys.