Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Using the Wago 750-658 CAN Gateway

MortenL
2018-11-12
2023-02-03
  • MortenL - 2018-11-12

Hello

Has anyone had any success using the Wago 750-658 in CoDeSys V3?
    It's attached to a WAGO 750-8102.
    It's on the list of supported devices but I can't figure out how to actually use it.

For example is the baud rate configuration done in CoDeSys or WAGO's IO-check?
    Do you use a specific library in CoDeSys? Or do you use the receive and transfer registers attached to the module when added to CoDeSys?

If anyone has a small example it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-11-13

Hi,
    no this does not work there is no driver for this available, all these devices which have 'configuration by registers' are hard to use.
    Sure with an huge application effort maybe this is possible, but I think it is not easy possible.
    There are no plans at the moment to implement this.
    The only option to have a second CAN on the PFC's it to use EK1100 and EL6751 Gateway via Ethercat (Beckhoff)
    CANopen or J1939
    (for 3.5SP14 release this Gateway will even support J1939)

BR
    Edwin

IMG: PFC200_J1939.png

• MortenL - 2018-11-14

Hello Edwin

Thank you for your reply, this is unfortunate news.

Would it be different if I selected a CPU with CAN on the CPU module instead of a add-on slide?
    for example WAGO 750-8204?

I just need one CAN connector to send some CAN layer 2 messages to an IFM RTC module

Also a completely different question:
    If I assign the service port to the runtime would I then be able to use this cable for RS-232 communication from CoDeSys 3 https://www.wago.com/us/controllers-bus ... /p/750-920 ?
    and in addition use the serial port on the base of the CPU for RS-485 Modbus RTU communication?

Thanks

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-11-14

Hi,

sure if you use WAGO 750-8204 and the local CAN it works... only the additional slide is not implemented.
    (thought you need a second CAN port/interface)

I just need one CAN connector to send some CAN layer 2 messages to an IFM RTC module
    yes should work check the example in the CODESYS Store:
    https://store.codesys.com/can-bus-examp ... escription

Zitat:
    Also a completely different question:
    If I assign the service port to the runtime would I then be able to use this cable for RS-232 communication from CoDeSys 3 https://www.wago.com/us/controllers-bus ... /p/750-920 ?
    and in addition use the serial port on the base of the CPU for RS-485 Modbus RTU communication?

Think this might work ( never used it that way) See screenshot
    You need to change the setting in the service Interface - then figure out which com port is assigned... maybe a symbolic link is needed

/dev/ttyO is the regular interface you need to add the service interface then to /dev/ttyO +1

assignment:

COM1 – (/dev/ttyO0) Onboard-Sub-D(X3)
    COM2 – (/dev/ttyO2) Konfigurations- und Programmierschnittstelle

so you need to change the link /dev/ttyO1 should point to /dev/ttyO2 that in CODESYS the devices are accesible by Com1 and Com2

BR
    Edwin

IMG: ServiceInterface.png

• MortenL - 2018-11-14

Hello Edwin

Thank your for your reply, I'll try to order a cable from Wago and run a few tests.

I may order a 750-650 RS-232 module as well and try to get it to work.
    I managed to get the 750-651 TTY module to work, and it seems that the 750-650 follows the exact same method of manipulating the control byte to transmit data.

I'll try to follow-up when I'm done, but it will be some time before I've finished testing.

Thank you again Edwin.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-11-14

Hi,
    well apreciated if you share your solutions or at least code snipets of it.
    BR
    Edwin

• pagravel - 2023-02-03

Hello, 4 years later, is it still the same status for the support of the Wago CAN gateway 750-658? Still no plan to implement this?