This just serve as documentation how to get start with Codesys Control for Linux SL :-
Things are needed before start:-
a. 4GB thumb drive
b. Internet access(for Debian install)
1. Download Debian from Debian website https://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst
- I'm using amd64 and version 9 (12/7/2018)
2. After Download the image then using Win32DiskImager(For Windows User, other os user you may find your own way to do this) burn the Debian ISO file into USB thumb drive
-Win32DiskImager can download from https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
3. After success create the Debian USB thumb drive, plug into any pc that you wish to install. Make sure the pc have set boot from USB. Start the PC and wait for the Debian boot up, then choice GUI install.
4. Follow the step by step and make sure you select SSH enable, set the password for the root account, create a user account and please remember the password cause it very important and you need it later.
5. Wait for 20 minutes or longer to complete the Debian installation.
6. Now you have to login your user account where created just now.
-The interested part is here now, most beginner user on linux always get use with the command "sudo", unlikely the installation I prepare just now is without the "sudo" preinstall , so you have manual to install it and set the right correctly.
- So click on the "Activities" on the top left corner, on the search bar enter "Terminal", the "Terminal" app will show and click on it
7. In the terminal step do below thing :-
- su -
- enter the root password
- apt-get install sudo -y <-- Here to get the sudo app from internet and start the installation
- After apt-get install done we have to set the right for the root and user
- usermod -aG sudo yourusername
- repeat above command to add root and your user name
- Done then exit terminal and restart the Debian
8. Now your good to using Codesys V3 IDE to install the Codesys Control Linux runtime into the Debian 9
9. For those have not try raspberry pi codesys, Wago PFC200/PFC100, Siemens IOT before, below are the step to show you how to install the codesys control for linux SL RunTime into Debian.
10. Download the Codesys Control for Linux SL package files.
12. Start the Codesys IDE, Go to Tools->Package Manager..-> Install -> Select the Codesys Control for Linux SL package files -> Click open-> click Next and Next until the package is finish install.
13. Restart the Codesys IDE again( This step is very important). After Restart then go to Tools-> Update Linux..
- under Login credentials enter yourdebianusername into user name, password into password
- Under select target - enter the Debian PC ip or you can scan for it(make sure the Debian pc are connect into the same network)
- Under the Package select Install
- Just make sure the message windows are show the Codesys Control for Linux SL are complete install.
- under Runtime click start.
- under system info click system info to check does the Codesys Runtime is running.
14. Now you are good to go to have fun on the Codesys Control for Linux SL.
PS: Edwin please correct me if the sudo are not important? Cause without the sudo I can't get codesys runtime to install on Debian.