Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Can any PC with an Ethernet adapter be used as PN_Controller with Codesys?

Anonymous
2018-07-02
2018-10-11
  • Anonymous - 2018-07-02

Originally created by: Ali Tevfik BAYKENT

My problem with my CODESYS: PN_Controller cannot be active (red triangle) and after a network scanning the profinet subscriber S7-1500 is not recognized.
    My question: Can any PC with an Ethernet adapter be used as PN_Controller, by running with Codesys?
    My configuration: I installed CODESYS Control Win V3 on a mini-PC (Hometech EBOX-C). I would like to make the signal exchange via Profinet, CODESYS as controller. The subscriber is a S7-1500 hard PLC. In the Project configurator, I added Ethernet driver of the PC : Realtech family controller is successfully recognized. Normally I can run CODESYS PLC without any trouble, besides the Profinet function.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-07-04

Hi,
    should work-
    you need to install WinPCAP for Control Win.

Maybe a deactivation of the Firewall for a first try is an option too. (WinPCap is mandatory)

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2018-10-11

Originally created by: Ali Tevfik BAYKENT

It worked yes, thank you.
    4.1.0.2980 version of WinPcap was good for me.
    I also set the Profinet device communication parameter "reduction ratio" as 16.