Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CANOpen Manager throws CANOPEN_KERNEL_DATA_OVERFLOW on startup

tbambrough
2018-04-23
2018-05-03
  • tbambrough - 2018-04-23

I using CodeSys 3.5.12.10 with PFC200 3.5.12.20 (Wago 8206). I'm trying to create a standalone application that will communicate with a Wipotec scale using CANopen.

The first thing I do to the CANOpen interface is to check if the Manager is ready using the CIA405.GET_CANOPEN_KERNEL_STATE. When I perform this call in the debugger, it works fine and returns that the manager is ready. If I run the same application without the debugger, the method returns that the manager is in CANOPEN_KERNEL_DATA_OVERFLOW state. I have not found a good explanation for this state or how to get the manager to the ready state.

Is there a place for good documentation on the CIA405 library or does someone know how to get out of this state?

Thanks

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-04-24

Hi,
    I would recommend to the the CANopen example from CODESYS Store.
    (use the Shopping cart to install these examples and all addon's)

-> to check what happens on the bus add CANOPEN_DEBUG as Compiler define under the application properties
    (this lead to log Messages in the plc logger to figure out whats going out on the canbus)

BR
    Edwin

IMG: CANopenExample.jpg

• tbambrough - 2018-04-30

I was able to add the CANOPEN_DEBUG option to my applications. It shows that the manager believes that all the slaves are booted, only one Wipotec scale. After which it attempts to send configuration SDOs to the scale. This results in controller issuing a Reset Communication and the loop starting over. I attached a screenshot of the log.

IMG: CANOPen Issue.png

• tbambrough - 2018-05-02

Who is the vendor for the CANOpen support in the PFC200 runtime?

• tbambrough - 2018-05-02

Where can I find other compiler options for the CANOPen implementation in the PFC200?

Thanks

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-05-03

H,
    could you please use 'my question' (logged in to the CODESYS store) to rise a bugreport ?

BR
    Edwin