Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

the controller device is not registered softmotion device

Anonymous
2017-12-11
2021-05-17
  • Anonymous - 2017-12-11

Originally created by: eser_

Hello everyone,

I am trying to control metronix servo via codesys win v3.

But when i login there is as 'the controller device is not registered softmotion device'.

What this mean and how can i solve this problem.

can anyone help.

Thank you.

IMG: screen

IMG: screen

• acasilla - 2020-10-26

Hi,

Did you resolve theses error?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2020-10-27

Hi,
    you need to select a device which is capable for SoftMotion, that's the solution for this.

• marla - 2021-03-15

Hi,
    I am facing the same problem. Due to the fact I am using a Delta ASDA-A2-E Controller, it should be capabale for SoftMotion, right?
    I installed SM3_Basic and SM3_Drive_ETC_Delta_ASDA_A2 libraries and the Ethercat bus is working when writing onto the ControlWord manually. But I still get this error and am not able to use any SoftMotion functions. Could you please tell me what I might be missing out on here?

Last edit: marla 2021-03-15
    • acasilla - 2021-03-15

You need install the licence.

You need check if you device suport softmotion and if you device suport softmotion buy the licence and install, I think the cost is 120 usd or something like that.

• marla - 2021-03-16

Thanks for the quick reply. I already got the SoftMotion license and installed it on my device. In the CodeSys homepage it says that Delta ASDA A2 is a supported device, so this should not be the problem I guess.
    Are there any other licenses needed? Or any other libraries?

• marla - 2021-03-16

Ok, nevermind. I was suspecting the wrong device to be the problem. My PLC PFC200 is not compatible with SoftMotion. In case someone runs into the same error...

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2021-03-17

..the upcoming version 4.1.0.0 on runtime side and CODESYS SP17 release, every device is basically capabale for SoftMotion. ( sure if the device OS fullfill the reatime capabilities)

Last edit: eschwellinger 2021-03-17
  • marla - 2021-03-17

Thanks for the info. Do you already know when these will be available?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2021-03-17

release on 29th march

• acasilla - 2021-05-13

Hi,
    The new version was relase, the sp17 resolve the problem?

• marla - 2021-05-17

I put my CodeSys project aside and used another PLC for the project, so that I can't tell. When using the PFC PLC in some future project I will try again...