Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CODESYS Control for PFC 200, downgrade version

2017-11-23
2017-12-30
  • FelixPalladino - 2017-11-23

Hello

Is ist possible to downgrade a controller with CODESYS Control for PFC 200 from 3.5.10.20 to 3.5.9.20?
    When I update the controller with 3.5.10.20 to 3.5.9.20 then it says update finished. (see pic)
    After the update the controller is no more reachable so I have to reboot it. Thats ok.
    But after the reboot it still has version 3.5.10.20 again.

IMG: Unbenannt.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-11-24

Hi,
    on runtime side I always would recommend to use current version (securiy update included & many bugfixes etc)
    This means:
    Even if you decide to work in CODESYS with 3.5SP9/SP10 whatever, it is safe to use
    Wago Firmware 10 and CODESYS Runtime 3.5SP11Patchx.
    (Just install the ipk of the runtime to the PFC200 controller )- if you do this I would even not install the SP11 PFC200 Package into your
    SP10/SP10 CODESYS / Package Manager
    - just use everything in our selected version - only use the ipk our of the store download.

BR
    Edwin

• FelixPalladino - 2017-12-20

The question came up when I wanted to simulate a behavior of a customers machine. This machine was with an older package, so I had to downgrade my test station, because the package version was interesting.

I restored the Wago firmware over an SD card and the applicated the version I needed. This way is just not nice and costs time.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-12-30

Hi,

important commands are:

uninstall:
    remove codesyscontrol

install older Version
    ipkg install codesyscontrol_arm_pfc200_V3.5.x.x.ipk

stop plc:
    /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol stop

start plc:
    /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol start