Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Profinet Master on RPI3 with CodeSys Control - No live data on I/O

Bucky2k
2017-07-04
2017-07-06
  • Bucky2k - 2017-07-04

Hi,

I connected an RPI3 running Codesys Control (current version) to the Ethernet port of a UR10 (Robot) in order to establish a Profinet fieldbus connection. While the Bus seems to be running (green status in Codesys and on the UR10), all the entries in the I/O mapping are greyed and have no live values. I am rather new to CodeSys, so I hope it is just a stupid mistake on my side? As you can see I have not implemented anything like POU, mappings, variable lists and so on yet - is this maybe necessary?

A second question concerns the actual naming of each byte/word/bool in Codesys. UR provides two .awl files (for input and output) as well as a UDT file. Can I use those in Codesys as well? Currently each I/O is listed as byte and unnamed.

Hope you can point me in the right direction!

IMG: Unbenannt3.png

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-07-06

Hi,
    the only thing is you need to do:
    Map variables and use them in the pou's!

Independent which fieldbus you are using, this is mandatory to have an update cycle (unused variables are never updated due performance reason - not needed to update when they are not used)
    If you just want to test by setting variables manually/force them you need to change to 'Enable 2 always in buscycle Task - see screenshot.
    You see if the IO's are updated - if they are the variables are blue/black when you are online - if not updated light gray

BR
    Edwin

IMG: alwaysUpdate.jpg