Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Reading CPU load from within Codesys

Kim
2015-10-08
2020-08-30
  • Kim - 2015-10-08

We're running Codesys on it's own core in a multi-core CPU.
    We would like to present the Codesys CPU load in a HMI application running on another core.
    Which Codesys library/function can be used for getting the CPU load percentage?

I messed around and tried some different functions but never got it to work, hopefully you can provide me with the right answer.

Regards
    Kim Hansen
    Beijer Electronics Automation

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-10-08

Hi Kim,

udiProzessorLoad:=SchedGetProcessorLoad(Result);

BR
    Edwin

IMG: GetProcessorLoad.jpg

• Araforn - 2018-03-01

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi Kim,
    udiProzessorLoad:=SchedGetProcessorLoad(Result);
    BR
    Edwin

Been searching a lot for this one. Thanks for the info.

• fleaplc

fleaplc - 2020-08-29

I'm testing the call udiProzessorLoad:=SchedGetProcessorLoad(Result); but the CPU load I get is very different from "htop" value (In codesys I read 8, in htop I get less than 4%).. Why?

Last edit: fleaplc 2020-08-29
    • Ingo

Ingo - 2020-08-29

SchedGetProcessorload only gives the load of Realtime IEC Tasks. As the rest are background jobs with few to none realtime constraints. You can imagine, that with 100% background load, the system is still responsive. But when you have 100% load in realtime taks, your CPU is stuck, and no communication possible anymore. That's the reason why CODESYS monitors this load.

• fleaplc

fleaplc - 2020-08-30

Hi Ingo, thanks for clarification. Do you know some function to read the "total" CPU load? (to get same value as in htop?)

• Ingo

Ingo - 2020-08-30

Depending on the PLC, SysCpuMulticore might give you that info. But I am
      not at the PC to check the exact interface.