Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CODESYS V3 Control RTE Multicore

LooijmansR
2019-11-22
2019-11-22
  • LooijmansR - 2019-11-22

Hi,

I was unable to successfully reach support by mail, hence the reason I try my luck here.

We are using Codesys Control RTE SL on a Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise edition server (Xeon processor, 6 cores).

How can I get multi-core working on the server specified above with Codesys Control RTE SL? Windows has been assigned to 2 cores, which leaves out the remainder cores for Codesys. Which would be 4. I seem to have no control in assigning these cores to specific tasks.

Around 20-30 systems will be working with the webvisu which appears to be quite processor intensive. Apparently the server is unable to run all tasks on 1 core with the specified amount of users accessing the webvisu. We figured using 1 core for the regular tasks and 3 cores for the webvisu task would solve this issue (and the remainder 2 cores for Windows itself).

If you know a more appropriate way of handling this situation we would like to hear so of course.

Kind regards,
    Reno

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-11-22

Hi Reno,
    you need to rise a support question on store.codesys.com -> my question

The multicore support is not implemented ( planned but not realized) so at the moment it is only possible
    to reserve one core for the Control RTE.

Maybe a review of the application would be an option - because we never had problems with webvisu performance on RTE.

Which fieldbus is in your application?

BR
    Edwin

• LooijmansR - 2019-11-22

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using EtherCAT as fieldbus. Our visualization shows a lot of information about machines in 1 screen, in a tabbed view. I suspect this causes A LOT of information to be transferred to the different users.

Since multicore is not available yet, reviewing the application is the only resort.

Have you got any idea when we could expect a MC version of the Control RTE to be released?

Regards,
    Reno