Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Modbus TCP Slave Timing Performance

celliott
2019-05-26
2019-05-27
  • celliott - 2019-05-26

I recently upgraded Codesys from V3.5.14.0 to V3.5.14.20 and the performance of my Modbus TCP Slave devices has degraded where I'm getting around a 5 second poll time, where I was getting around 2 seconds with the previous version.

Looking at the Modbus TCP Slave object within the watch window, I noticed now the MB_ERRORCODES cycles through either RESPONSE_SUCCESS, RESPONSE_INVALID_HEADER or UNDEFINED.

I'm running the Modbus TCP Slave device with a cyclic trigger and I've tried changing settings such as timeout, trigger time, etc. I've also tried running via a rising edge trigger, but no improvement observed.

Also, I'm running Codesys on a Windows 7 64 bit PC and a RP2 single core application where I upgraded both the development environment and RP2 both to V3.5.14.20. The version of the Modbus TCP Slave driver is V3.5.12.0.

Any ideas on how I can improve the Modbus TCP Slave polling time, I need short as possible to suit my application?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-05-27

Hi,
    there is no known change on that,
    but even if you switch back or update the libs should give the result both version behave in the same way.

How to switch between the versions?

Rightclick on the modebus device in the device three - update -> show all version... then either SP14 or SPxx what ever you want.
    This switches the library version too.

BR
    Edwin