Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Cant get connection between Codesys V3.5 SP14 Patch2 and RPI

kmpm
2019-05-24
2022-01-12
  • kmpm

kmpm - 2019-05-24

Hi,
    Just installed a new raspberry-pi using raspbian 2019-04-08 with ssh and everything working ok.
    Then I installed Codesys V3.5 SP14 Patch 2 on a fairly clean Windows 10 machine.
    Also installed the "CODESYS Control for Raspberry PI 3.5.14.20.package" without any issues.
    I deployed the runtime using Tools -> Update Rasbperry PI without issues and I can get system info and so on.

But... When I try to connect to the runtime in CODESYS it can't find any.
    - I'v used the default Gateway-1 without success.
    - Added a second gateway with the IP of the RPI and the gateway icon shows green but no devices found.
    - Changed to WiFi on the RPI and tried the same 2 gateway alternatives again but no devices found.
    Switched
    - Changed between multi core and standard but no devices found.
    - rebooted several times
    - stopped and started the runtime
    - Checked that ports are being listened to on the pi
    - Checking traffic on port 11740 on the pi using tcpdump (and there are some)
    - The gateway on the pi can see the WinControl device on the Windows Computer
    - It can be seen by SoMachine Logic Builder V4.3 (Schneider branded CODESYS 3.5.3 or something) on another computer

This is frustrating, what am I doing wrong?
    //Peter

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-05-24

Hi,
    could you check if the runtime on pi is up and running?

cat /tmp/codesyscontrol.log

give me this output
    and do a

BR
    Edwin

• kmpm

kmpm - 2019-05-24

I't attaching the file but added the extension .txt since just .log was not allowed.
    Since it can be seen by SoMachine, my guess is that the issue is with CODESYS on the windows machine.

codesyscontrol.log.txt [103.5 KiB]

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-05-24

Hi,
    log is ok no error, I think you are
    using multicore on runtime side and in CODESYS project it is Raspberry PI SL ?
    Should fit... both should be the same target.

BR
    Edwin

• kmpm

kmpm - 2019-05-24

Still get "No device is responding to the scan request." when adding IP manually and "Scan network" returns nothing.

• kmpm

kmpm - 2019-05-24

Reinstalled CODESYS on the windows machine and now it works...
    Probably something happened with the gateway

• cullenary767

cullenary767 - 2022-01-12

I had the same problem, I fixed it by starting the runtime on the Pi again. Tools>Update Raspberry Pi>"Runtime" Start.

Hope it helps