Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Library for working with DATE_AND_TIME (DT) variable

lubos
2019-05-10
2019-05-15
  • lubos - 2019-05-10

Hello,

I have question, what is ideal way to manipulate with varible of DATE_AND_TIME (DT) type. I want to make Visu for changing RTC time on Raspberry. My system CODESYS V3.5 SP14 Patch2.

I get time from system RTC clock with this function:
    UtcTime := SysTimeRtcGet(dummy);

Now i need e.g. add one hour or one month and write UtcTime back to system with SysTimeRtcSet().

I tried instal OSCAT library and use function HOUR_OF_DT, but compiler say: "HOUR_OF_DT not defined" . I donΒ΄t know why, only in manual is writen, that OSCAT support only 32bit system and my Raspberry 3B+ is 64bit.

Is there some oficial system library to work easy with date and time?

Thanks for info, Lubos.

• JAPIB

JAPIB - 2019-05-10

You can find an example in the CODESYS STORE : Date and Time (https://store.codesys.com/date-and-time.html)

About OSCAT be careful, OSCAT function blocks often use other OSCAT function blocks
    and, for date and time management, they use a Data type (from OSCAT lbrary) called CALENDAR.

BR

• lubos - 2019-05-15

Thank You JAPIB very much for helping me...
    I used Util.SplitDateTime function for conversion. I didn't know about UTIL before...

Btw, is there some detailed documentation for standars 3S libraries? Only documentation, what i can find is short description of functions in Library Manager, but it is not sometimes enought
    The only source of library description find i on this forum in question, but is somewhere oficial LIBRARY DOCU to easy find?
    BR

• JAPIB

JAPIB - 2019-05-15

Hello,

You can have a look on the internet site 'CODESYS Help', for example here :
    https://help.codesys.com/webapp/idx-sta ... n=3.5.14.0
    I think it's the simplest and most up-to-date.

Otherwise there is some help files (Standard.chm, Util.chm, ...) installed on your PC during the installation of CODESYS.
    You can find it on :
    C:/Program files/CODESYS 3.5.../CODESYS/Online Help/En

You must use 'Program files' with CODESYS V3.5 64 bits ou 'Program files (x86)' with CODESYS V3.5 16 bits.
    (Access paths correspond to a use of Windows 7, with other versions it may be different )

BR